Foundation - Year Two students will be returning to on site schooling from next Tuesday 26th May
The Years 3-6 children will continue with remote learning until the 9th June.
Once we are back on site we will be implementing health and safety guidelines which have been given to us by the Department of Education based on health advice.
A full copy of our Return To School Policy and a note about our canteen services for the remainder of the term can be accessed here:
As part of our arrangements children will be arriving and leaving the school at staggered times and parents will only be able to be in the school grounds if it is highly essential. Please see an outline below:
School arrival and departure
DET advises that:
As the main risk of introducing coronavirus (COVID-19) to the school environment is from adults, close proximity between adult members of the school community should be avoided, particularly during school drop-off and pick-up.
This means that at our school:
- We ask staff and parents/carers to observe physical distancing measures by not congregating in any areas inside or around the school grounds.
- The staff car park remains prohibited for parents.
- To minimize interaction of students and adults within the school and at entry points:
- Parents are to drop their children off and pick them up outside the school gate at the following staggered times:
- Foundation – Drop off between 8:40 -8:50 a.m. and pick up between 2:50 -3:00 p.m.
- Year 1 – Drop off between 8:50 – 9:00 a.m. and pick up between 3:00 – 3:10 p.m.
- Year 2- Drop off between 9:00 – 9:10 a.m. and pick up between 3:10 – 3:20 p.m.
- Adults are asked to keep social distancing within 1.5 metres of each other.
- Parents are to only enter the school grounds when essential to do so and to contact the school by phone or email where appropriate instead.
- Non –contact greetings between all members of the community including students is to be adhered to.
- Parents/carers are not to linger while picking up or dropping off students at the gates.
- Children will not be allowed to linger in school grounds before or after school.
Just a reminder that there will be no children allowed on site on Monday 25th May as it is a Pupil Free Day. Until the 9th June the same on site request arrangements are in place for children in Years 3-6 in that parents must fill in an attendance request form and email it to the school to have the attendance approved.
Please contact me with any queries.