We are so pleased to have all children back on site.
We are implementing health and safety guidelines which have been given to us by the Department of Education based on health advice.
A full copy of our Return To School Policy and a note about our canteen services for the remainder of the term can be accessed here:
As part of our arrangements children will be arriving and leaving the school at staggered times and parents will only be able to be in the school grounds if it is highly essential. Please see an outline below:
School arrival and departure
DET advises that:
As the main risk of introducing coronavirus (COVID-19) to the school environment is from adults, close proximity between adult members of the school community should be avoided, particularly during school drop-off and pick-up.
This means that at our school:
- We ask staff and parents/carers to observe physical distancing measures by not congregating in any areas inside or around the school grounds.
- The staff car park remains prohibited for parents.
- To minimize interaction of students and adults within the school and at entry points:
- Parents are to drop their children off and pick them up outside the school gate at the following staggered times:
Foundation – Drop off between 8:40 -8:55 a.m. and pick up between 2:50 -3:00 p.m. via the bottom driveway gate.
Year 1 - Drop off between 8:40 – 8:55 a.m. and pick up between 2:50 -3:00 p.m. via the middle gate.
Year 2 - Drop off between 8:40 – 8:55 a.m. and pick up between 2:50 -3:00 p.m. via the top gate at the stairs.
Years 3 & 4 - Drop off between 8:55 – 9:10 a.m. and pick up between 3:00 – 3:10 p.m. via the bottom driveway gate.
Year 5 - Drop off between 8:55 – 9:10 a.m. and pick up between 3:00 – 3:10 p.m. via the middle gate.
Year 6 - Drop off between 8:55 – 9:10 a.m. and pick up between 3:00 – 3:10 p.m. via the top gate at the stairs.
- Adults are asked to keep social distancing within 1.5 metres of each other.
- Parents are to only enter the school grounds when essential to do so and to contact the school by phone or email where appropriate instead.
- Non –contact greetings between all members of the community including students is to be adhered to.
- Parents/carers are not to linger while picking up or dropping off students at the gates.
- Children will not be allowed to linger in school grounds before or after school.
As part of the mid – year evaluation of our school practices we are seeking community feedback around the Remote Teaching and Learning Program. To assist with this we have prepared a questionnaire for each family to complete and we will then collate all the information received.
The questionnaire has been provided as an electronic copy on COMPASS and our school website and a hard copy has been sent home. Please complete in any way which suits you and return to our school office by Thursday 25th June. Hard copies can be returned with your children and electronic copies can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is not expected that you will put your family name on the questionnaire unless you wish to do so.
We encourage all families to complete the questionnaire and appreciate your support with this.