The Victorian Government has announced new arrangements for schools in Victoria from and including Wednesday 28 July 2021.
Based on advice from the Victorian Chief Health Officer, schools in Victoria will return to face-to-face learning and teaching for all students from and including tomorrow Wednesday 28 July 2021.
This means all students are expected to attend our school on-site from tomorrow Wednesday 28 July 2021.
To keep our school safe, we have introduced some important operational changes which include :
School Arrival and Dismissal
- All students will arrive daily at 8:45 a.m. for an 8:50 a.m. start.
- All students will be dismissed daily at 3:10 p.m.
- Students will enter and leave the school grounds via different gates according to their year levels as such:
- Foundation – Year 2: Bottom driveway gate
- Years 3/4: Middle gate
- Years 5/6: Top gate
As we are expected to minimize the mixing of cohorts of children we are requesting that children do not arrive at school before 8:45 a.m. This is when the gates will be open. We also ask that children remember to enter and leave via their allocated gates.
Please note that only children who attend the Breakfast Program will be allowed to enter the grounds from 8:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
Children will not be allowed to play in the school grounds before or after school.
Canteen /Breakfast Program
- Canteen will run as normal for lunch orders on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (Children who wish to make purchases at recess or lunch time will do so in area level groups.
- Breakfast Program will run as normal for Wednesday Thursday and Friday with children sitting in their area level groups.
There has been no change to the face mask advice, which will continue to apply to all school settings, including any Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) programs:
- Secondary school students aged 12 or older must wear a face mask at all times indoors and outdoors when at school, including when attending an OSHC program, unless a lawful exception applies.
- Children under 12 years of age and students at primary school are not required to wear face masks when at school, or when attending an OSHC program.
- Face masks are mandatory for all school students aged 12 or older on public transport and when in taxis or ride-share vehicles. This includes travelling to and from school on public transport or in a vehicle with others not from your household.
- All parents /visitors dropping off children, picking them up or entering the premises must wear face masks.
Visitors On Site
- Non-essential visitors will not be allowed into school grounds
- Parents will only be allowed in the premises for essential reasons and will need to call ahead if urgent or make an appointment.
- Any parent/teacher meetings will need to be held online or via telephone.
- Visitors to the school must sign in at the office through the QR code and observe density quotients.
Thank you for your continued support during this time and for supporting your children and our school staff during the lockdown.
The wellbeing of all our students is our priority and our school staff are here to support you and your family. Information that might be of assistance to you in talking to your child about COVID-19 is available. If you are concerned about your wellbeing or that of your child, please contact the school so we can talk with you about how we can best assist. Other sources of support include: Parent Line 132289 and Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800.
Each family should regularly check the list of public exposure sites in Victoria (where a person with COVID-19 has attended), and if anyone in the family has attended a site at the times listed, follow the instructions given.
Finally, a reminder that if you, your child, or a family member develops symptoms of COVID-19 you should get tested at a COVID-19 testing facility and stay home.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the school if you have any concerns.
The staff and I, are looking forward to welcoming all students back to school tomorrow. Once again, thank you very much for your continued support during these trying times.